Skin Brightening Therapies
Laser skin brightening is a procedure that is used to reduce or remove the blemishes on the skin, and to remove dark patches on the skin. The treatment eliminates the outer layer of the skin and damages skin and also it removes the cells that produce melanin.
Laser skin lightening may not have the same results for every person, since the skin tones and the condition of the skin, vary from person to person. Still the procedure is very common and can be very well used to offer a greatly enhanced skin tone in terms of brightness and even tone.
None of the cosmetic procedures are covered by the insurance and you will have to pay yourself for these. These treatments are not expensive and the cost of each of the sessions will vary depending on the size of the area that needs treatment. Also the quality of equipment used and the duration of the treatment required. Sometimes the cost may go up due to the need for more sessions, to fulfil the clients needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
As with any other procedure, we at Dermacos follow strict protocol to ensure that your skin is prepared with a skin test to check how it reacts, If we find that there are no serious implications or complications, we can continue with the procedure after a few weeks. We give that time, to ensure there are no problems due to skin reactions later. During the procedure the patient will experience a slight stinging sensation due to the light hitting the melanin cells to remove them. Sometimes, depending on the sensitivity of the skin of the patient, we apply the numbing medicine on the skin.
What to expect during a session ?
- Eyes need to be protected all through the session for which you will have to wear protective eye goggles.
- The doctor will use a laser device on your skin and once the lasers start it might feel like a light stinging sensation like a fine needle pricking you.
- Along side of the treatment, you will have a cool jet of air that will be blown on your skin to keep it cool and to remove any discomfort during your procedure.
- Each of the laser skin brightening sessions will be from 30 minutes to one hour and you can immediately return to your work after the session.
- The laser treated area should be washed gently with any unperfumed soap and wiped gently with a dry towel.
- Use soothing balms like aloe vera gel or petroleum jelly (such as Vaseline) to cool the treated area.
- Even if there are scabs try not to meddle with the skin bruises or they will remain as scars on the skin.
- If you find any discomfort, ice packs can be of great help to reduce reddishness and skin swelling.
- Never go out without a sunscreen for the next 6 months, or the treatment gets aggravated. [/vc_column_text]
Laser skin lightening may have the following side effects which are mild and uncomplicated.
These effects do not last beyond 1 to 2 weeks.
What could go wrong ?
Usually there are no serious complications from laser treatment, if the necessary precautions are taken during the treatment. These side effects are very rare and will never happen if your treatment is done by a qualified Doctor.
- Mild to severe scarring
- Mild to severe skin infection
- Skin either turing too dark or too light,
You should be told how likely these complications are, and what could be done about them if they happen.
What to do if you have problems ?
In rare instances cosmetic procedures can go awry or may not match your expectations. If you have had the procedure and you are not happy with the results, you should definitely speak to your practitioner.
About the doctor
Haritha Bandaru, the founder, and owner of Dermacos is an experienced Dermatologist, cosmetologist, and Trichologist, having 5 years of experience in treating various ailments related to skin and hair. She has treated 1000s of cases with great expertise and with 100% satisfied clientele. She has the ability to grasp the problem and understand your skin type and also the hair quality with one visit, due to her advanced and latest technology.