Hair loss occurs to 60% of men and 10% of women. If you lose scalp hair, it increases the risks of skin cancer. The conditions to treat male and female pattern baldness are different. Baldness is the main concern for many men today, the surgery to treat hair loss is hair transplantation, it is the most commonly performed surgery. There are products in the market which do not need surgery to treat hair loss.
Hair transplantation is done through a surgical process which removes hair follicles from another part of your body where there is hair growth like your legs or hands. These hair follicles are then removed and planted on your scalp where there is no hair or even in parts like your eyebrows or eyelashes, where there is no hair.
The hair transplantation offered by Dermacos is permanent and a sure shot solution to regrow hair naturally. Our methods include extracting clusters of hair along with the follicles and then harvesting them in stirps in the required area or we also extract unit wise and then transplant them one by one. Strip harvesting has its own advantages, although single unit transplantation may look more aesthetic, But the truth is that strip harvesting has lesser scar possibilities and if at all the scar is too slim and can recover as quickly as a week or two.
The hair transplantation requires two or more settings depending on the area of coverage. Although it is time taking, it is very effective and leaves no unsightly scars. The results are not only natural but also recovery is very fast. Dermacos has the scalability to introduce the robotic method of hair transplantation, so that the cost and time are drastically reduced.
There are a few steps you need to take to prepare for the hair transplantation:
- The hair in the areas that have to be taken to be transplanted, will be shaved.
- The area will be prepared for surgery by administering local anesthesia
- The required tissue will be carefully removed and the wounds sutured
- The area that has been taken for the transplant will be covered up with the help of the nearby hair.
- Each of the hair follicle will be examined for its health and will be separated in the lab by the technicians, to prepare these hair grafts for transplantation.
- The area which is bald will be prepared by using a local anesthesia.
- Small incisions will be made in the balded areas so as to transplant the hair follicles collected.
- The hair grafts are placed in a way to have a denser hair in the back and lighter hair in the front.
- After the transplant the scars where the hair is short will be visible for a week or two.
- Although the healing will start immediately as per the body’s natural immune system, it will take 2-3 days for you to be able to shampoo your hair. Meanwhile you will ahve to take antibiotics to ensure you don’t have any infections.
Frequently Asked Questions
The time needed to recuperate from any Hair transplantation is not more than a day per session. Since it is an outpatient procedure, there is no downtime for the recovery. You can return to work just walking out of the clinic. You can also shampoo your hair after just 2-3 days of the procedure. However, you need to wear protective headgear for the head to ensure that your the harmful UV rays of the sun are not on the scalp. You will be asked to take a few antibiotics after the procedure.
After the transplantation, the hair looks just like natural hair and will grow and shed like your own hair. Gradually you will find the roots will start to sprout new hair which is something that will happen all through your life, without ever balding again.
Since the doctor will use local anesthesia, it is a painless procedure and you can go about your work as usual after the session. Hair transplant is different from that of the non-surgical hair restoration process in which a pre-chosen base is fixed on the scalp with dexterity.
About the Doctor
Dr. Haritha Bandaru, the founder, and owner of Dermacos is an experienced Dermatologist, cosmetologist, and Trichologist, having 5 years of experience in treating various ailments related to skin and hair. She has treated 1000s of cases with great expertise and with 100% satisfied clientele. She has the ability to grasp the problem and understand your skin type and also the hair quality with one visit, due to her advanced and latest technology.