Dermacos has very effective scar treatment procedures which can give you a great cosmetic look. Scars are usually a result of any injury or surgery, where the skin is healed but leave unsightly marks in the bargain. Sometimes pimples or acne also leave scars on the skin. Dermacos has various options depending on how old the scar is and how deep or superficial the scar is. All scars cannot be completely removed without a trace, the results really vary according to the degree and depth of each scar. But many of our patients at Dermacos have found more than satisfactory results from our scar treatments. What can be surely offered is that they diminish drastically with our intervention.
Various types of scars treated by Dermacos:
At Dermacos have seen different types of scars varying in shape and size. Understanding the quality and type of scar is very important to give it the right treatment.
Scars of the most common type are:
- Keloid scars: These are a result of injury or surgery and will give a discolouration to the skin making it red or pink or purple which is caused by the production of extra collage in the skin. Keloid scars are not localized and spread beyond the area of injury.
- Contracture scars: In cases where there are burnt injuries, scars are most likely and these are called contracture scars. These are often very deep and they can tighten the skin and give it a stretchy feel to it. These scars also restrict the movement in certain cases.
- Hypertrophic scars: Sometimes in cases of injury or surgery the scar is still localized; it is a keloid scar but does not reach beyond the area of injury. These are called Hypertrophic scars. These might look and feel like Keloid scars and may be reddish in colour, but are localized and therefore easier to remove.
Dermacos Scar Treatment Options
Scars are unfortunately permanent and cannot be removed except through the doctors intervention. Dermacos can provide various options to completely remove or atleast to vastly diminish the scars which cause unsightly marks on prominent parts of your skin. Our expert doctors at Dermacos offer the following procedures to remove or diminish the scars:
- Surgical procedures: Dermacos offers surgical treatment to remove scars. This might be invasive, but is not critical in any way. We first evaluate and check the scar before we recommend surgery of any kind. Our surgery will be minimally invasive and will ensure that it leaves no marks or discolouration in any way. The results vary from case to case, but overall it definitely improves the appearance, leaving very small or no scars at all. Some cases there may be a need to graft the skin from one area to the other. These treatments are also offered with minimally invasive surgery, although it might require local anesthesia.
- Dermabrasion: Dermacos offers dermabrasion where the doctor uses an instrument which works like a sand paper, scraping all the dead cells from the surface of the skin. The results are often amazing, especially if treating multiple scars formed due to acne. This works like a chemical peel and gives smoother and blemish free skin with exceptional quality improvement.
- Laser scar removal. Dermacos removes certain types of scars with lasers. It is used especially for scars that are formed due to surgery. Lasers are most effective in such type of scar removal and will leave no remains or just minimal traces of the scar once it is done. We at Dermacos use lasers depending on the size and nature of scars. Lasers are effective only in certain cases and is not the cure for all types of scars.
- Ointments. Sometimes, for simple, uncomplicated scars, it could just be as simple as using our special ointments. These minor scars are usually easily removed with the gels and creams.
- Chemical peels. At Dermacos our dermatologist will use a chemical solution on the scar, which when peeped reveals a younger and brighter looking skin. But chemical peels are recommended when the scarring is superficial and spread over a vast area and not just a local area.
- Injections. Dermacos uses injectables when the scar is above the normal skin surface and ensures it becomes even with the skin. This is good for scars which are grown above the skin surface. The injectables will contain high quality dermal fillers including collagen to reduce the scarring.
About the Doctor
Haritha Bandaru, the founder, and owner of Dermacos is an experienced Dermatologist, cosmetologist, and Trichologist, having 5 years of experience in treating various ailments related to skin and hair. She has treated 1000s of cases with great expertise and with 100% satisfied clientele.